
On Thursday we headed up to Lava Hot Springs for the Maughan Reunion. We stayed there 3 days and 2 nights and had a ton of fun.

The first night I went out with the boys to shoot my new 22 that I got for Mother's Day.

I haven't shot a gun since I was little. I think I shot my dad's 44 once with him helping me. So, Justin had to give me a little training course.

Just keep your eye on the target...right!?!

Thanks Brett for taking some great pictures! It sure was a lot of fun, until the mosquitoes attacked us!

The target after we all had shot 10 rounds(actually, Justin covered a lot of them up after each person shot.) Justin and Cameron shot the bulls eye. Mine seemed to steer high left, but a few made it on the target!!! I can't wait to get out and shoot my 22 again!

Just chillin' the first night...lots of babies huh?!?

The girls doing the crafts. We made bracelets and cards, it was so much fun.

Aunt Diana and Aunt Saralee

We had crafts and games for the kids too. Here they are coming up the stairs to find all of the candy on the candy hunt.

Jace getting a good stash of candy. They also made buckets, visors, and had a fish pond with tons of toys.

I spent a lot of time tending to Cole, so this was my view!

Day 2 we headed to the park to float the river. Here is Justin, Jace and I before our run on the double tube. Little did we know it would end in disaster. We flipped twice...and bad, and called it good after that. Jace is terrified of the river, and I got a lot of bumps, bruises and scrapes.

Jace sleeping soundly after our horrendous river run.

That night we made Cafe Rio Pork Salads for dinner which was a huge hit. We then had the program which celebrated the life of Grandpa Maughan. Here is Tana and Taryn in Grandma Maughan's dresses.

Justin and Jace were so exhausted they fell asleep on the couch.

Tana and Corinne, they loved holding Cole!

The last day we spent some more time at the park while others went down the river.

Jace loved the horsie swing!

On our way home we hit up the local ice cream parlor for some fabulous ice cream! I got my two favorites, superman and bubble gum!!! Can't wait until next year!
2 comments:
Looks like a fun reunion!
I am jealous of your reunions!
Post a Comment